If you have a phobia of bridge (a.k.a. gephyrophobia), suffers a persistent fear of driving over bridges. Bridges are often passages only through rivers and other waterways. Sometimes they are the main arteries of traffic in the coastal cities. Fear of bridges can make the world feel smaller, imprisoned you within their neighborhood or city.
your bridge phobia can take different forms. Perhaps you are afraid of the height of a concrete bridge in your area. Or having problems with opening, can not see the other side. Maybe the fast moving traffic is difficult for you. They may even fear panic, step out and remove the edge of a bridge.
but you can learn to calm her bridge phobia. Just use the advice below. It’s easier than you think!
here are 9 tips that will help you to calm the fear of driving over bridges
1. plan your route in advance: This eliminates the unpleasant surprise of an unexpected bridge. Know where any bridge on the route before driving and know when it will come to one.
2. some have “me” time before you go: take time out for you before your trip. Spend it doing anything you find pleasurable and relaxing. You can listen to music, take a bath, you have your favorite snack, a refreshing walk – anything that soothes and nourishes your soul. You’re about to do something difficult. Treat yourself to something nice previously.
3. view success: one way athletes trained for success is showing the perfect pass, or a release, or golf swing until they take it. Studies have shown that imagine yourself achieving a task successfully much increases the likelihood that they will succeed. See you cross the bridge and reach the other side safely. This will make it easier to make it reality.
4. ask you a friend to accompany you: drive bridges can be easier if you do it only. Ask trusted someone to come with you, or at least talk to you on the speaker when you are on a bridge. This helps keep your mind your fear and at the present time.
5. pull on the right before crossing: if possible, stop before driving over bridges. Take a few deep breaths and once again be viewed through successfully.Millions of people do it every day. You can too.
6. focuses on what is right in front of you: while on the bridge, try to reduce your field of visual attention. Do not look up or out of the sides. Keep your eye on the right on the license plate of the vehicle in front of you or fixed in a stationary object like a street sign.
7. Please note the brand Midway: mentally dividing the bridge into at least 2 sections. Notice to reach one of the section, especially the midpoint marks. It is easier to do a bridge in portions instead of all at once. When you reach the halfway point, say out loud, “I’m at the point half.”
8. Put your favorite music: play music while driving is very useful. It helps to distract his mind from fear. If possible, get off the car windows to help you feel more relaxed.
9. congratulate yourself on the other side: Yes, you did! They crossed the bridge! Make a note of your success and that arrived safely and unharmed. Now it would be another good time to give you something good as a reward.
you CAN learn how to calm your fear of driving over bridges. You need practice, but it is very feasible. Use the tips above whenever you have bridge phobia. It is easier the more you do it. I promise!